Thursday, July 21, 2011

Into the Dark

Title: Into the Dark
Author: Gena Showalter
Publisher: Harlequin
ISBN: 978-0-373-77451-7
Why Read?: For Fun
Challenges: Horror & Urban Fantasy, 100 Books in a Year

Thoughts: I have never read any of Gena Showalter's novels, but I always find that short stories are a good place to start in helping me determine if I would like the longer works or not. Into the Dark contained three shorts, "The Darkest Fire", "The Amazon's Curse", and "The Darkest Prison". Of the three, I liked "The Amazon's Curse" the best, which was the one that was not a Lords of the Underworld story. What I did enjoy more than the stories, was the bonus material which comprised almost half the book. Although I have not read the series and do not know the characters, the "interviews" with the Lords of the Underworld were great - William completely cracked me up.
Rating: 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment