Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Weight of Silence

Title: The Weight of Silence
Author: Heather Gudenkauf
Publisher: Mira
ISBN: 978-0-7783-2740-0
Why Read?: Book Club
Challenges: n/a

Thoughts: I was not really sure what to expect with The Weight of Silence, but I liked it. It was kind of a mystery (think The Lovely Bones), but it was more of a character piece told from various points of view. It is a rather emotional tale of two girls lost in the woods, one who doesn't speak. But it is so much more than that. Over the course of a day, we get to know the full lives of these characters, making it an excellent character study.
Rating: 4 stars

1 comment:

  1. I loved this book! I passed it on to my sister and mom after I read it, they loved it too. I read her newer book, These Things Hidden, and liked that one too. Not as great as this one, but still good.

    ReplyDelete