Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Another Piece of My Heart


Title: Another Piece of My Heart
Author: Jane Green
Publisher: Macmillan Audio
ISBN: 
Why Read?: For Fun
Challenges:  Audio, Chick Lit, A to z, 100 Books in a Year

Thoughts: This was a very uneven “read” for me. A lot of the story was told through flashbacks that really seemed to slow the pace. The first part of the story was told entirely from Andi’s POV (third person), but after that, is would switch between her, her husband, her husband’s ex-wife, and her oldest stepdaughter, Emily (and her narratives were in first person). Also, the audio book was read by the author who would put pauses in awkward spots and it took some time getting used to hearing. When the story was in a forward motion, I did enjoy it, and I will definitely check out more of Green’s work. 
Rating: 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment