Monday, January 26, 2015

In the Box: January 2015 Awesome Pack Big Kid Box

I loved last month's Awesome Pack Big Kid Pack, but I think this month's blew me out of the water!  My box was literally stuffed with awesomeness.  The subscription is $44.99 a month and you can choose the Big Kid option (for those without kids - like me), or the Family option.  Their site does not have referral links set up yet, nor can you log into your account yet, but they do have a referral program, so if you do decide after reading my review to try it, I would very much appreciate if you told them you heard about it from me, rickimc [at] aol [dot] com.
Let's start with the bigger (ie more advanced) games.  Both this month have a vampire theme, which is kinda cool, and both are entirely new to me.  Vampire Empire (a $29.95 value) is a card game for two, which makes it perfect for couples.  Night Eternal (a $30 value) is based on a game played on True Blood.  I have never watched True Blood (I have read some Sookie Stackhouse shirts, though), so I am unfamiliar with this game, but it looks like a cool bluffing and intrigue game.
Next we have the smaller (ie more casual) games.  Gubs (a $11.99 value) has been on my Amazon wishlist for years, so I was ecstatic to see it.  GameWright makes fantastic games (in fact, I am hosting a GameWright themed game night for the St. Louis Sci-Fi and Fantasy Club in March).  The Game of Balony (a $25.95 value) looks like a fun party game and my husband will totally get a kick out of the tin when he sees it.
Awesome Pack also includes some cool collectibles for Big Kids.  This month I got a Neca Scalers featuring Cornelius from Plant of the Apes (a $4.95 value).  These are fun figures that you can hang on cords and mine is going on my speaker cables.  The other collectible I received is a Star Trek Skele-Treks blind foil pack (a $2.99 value).  Inside is a Star Trek character done up Dia de Muertos-style.
For referrals, Awesome Pack throws in "Something Extra Special".  And these items totally are!  I received The Big Bang Theory 2 Decks of Playing Cards (a $4.99 value).  Who couldn't use a few decks of cards - especially The Big Bang Theory ones?  I also got Ruckus (a $12.99 value), which was a game they were having a promo for a few weeks ago.
All told, my January Awesome pack had an estimated retail value of $105.83 with out the Somethings Extra Special, $123.81 with them, and I got it all for $44.95, which included shipping.  I'd say that is an totally awesome deal!  If you would like to subscribe, once again, I ask that you say you heard it from me, rickimc [at] aol [dot] com.  (Please note: as collectibles can vary in price based on demand, I tried to take the price from the manufacturers site whenever possible.)




No comments:

Post a Comment